A goal without a plan is just a wish…
Consult – Design – Build – Operate
GroAdvisor partners have been involved with more than 1000 cannabis facilities since 2004. It is imperative that design starts by understanding your cultivation methods and designing optimal environmental, lighting and operational procedures that will meet your requirements.
We can provide you with fully optimized cultivation methods that have been proven to create a quality crop quickly and efficiently. Or, we can work with your existing cultivation team to optimize their system BEFORE you encounter the “growing pains” that are common in our industry. You don’t have to lose precious cycles with trial by error methods that lead to failures that affect your revenues and ability to gain early market penetration! Proper planning with our team of experts can eliminate those costly failures before they happen.
Our team has over 30 years of collective experience successfully leading, creating, designing, and retro-fitting commercial cannabis facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Michigan, Missouri, Puerto Rico, Massachusetts and Washington State. Our experience takes the guess work out of navigating this ever evolving industry.
Cultivation License Application Support
Our team for cultivation application support provides clients with many of the core components necessary for compiling a winning state-based application with licenses won and awarded in multiple states.
Application support services provides in depth support, including:
- Application checklists
- Site sufficiency and review
- Facility design
- Financial pro forma modeling
- Cultivation operating plan including technical narratives, customized to state regulations,
- Introductions to best in class vendors (extraction/processing, security, technical writing, legal services, etc.).
- Supply chain management for increasing speed to market while maximizing R.O.I.
Whether you are building from the ground up, or retrofitting an existing facility, GroAdvisor partners have experience designing and deploying facility layouts and deployments for both existing structures and new buildings. With more than 800 installations, our partner Surna has industry leading knowledge about cultivation building environments. GroAdvisor design teams ensure your facility will operate at maximum operational efficiency from your first plant to your first harvest and beyond – avoiding the multitude of costly mistakes made by many cannabis start-ups.
Our Design & Build services include, but are not limited to:
- Design of new cultivation facility
- Space planning with sanitary cultivation areas that maximize operational efficiency
- Environmental buildout including HVAC and dehumidification with stamped MEP
- Lighting design and specifications
- Fertigation and irrigation plans that meet local code requirements for waste treatment
- Canopy maximization using vertical racks or rolling benches
- Building controls systems coordination
- Supply chain management for all your equipment needs
- Odor and air filter systems to meet state and local codes
- Coordination with a local architect for faster permitting approvals
- Coordination with local general contractor to reduce construction costs and mitigate possible construction delays
- Fire rated extraction booths
- Security Systems (working with local partners that understand state compliance regulations)
Standardized Operating Plans and Procedures
Insects, powdery mildew, mites, over-watering, theft, spray damage, airy colas, low potency, high costs, weighing errors, nutrient deficiencies, low yields and, of course, messages left by regulators for non-compliance. These are problems every cultivation operation must address. The question is do you want to address them before they happen – or wait and try to do damage control?
Standard operations procedures (S.O.P.) are an important part of your license application – for a reason. Without a plan to operate, cultivation operators suffer from “growing pains” that cost them with increased costs and lowers the R.O.I. that they would receive from a well run facility. States are trying to mitigate failed businesses by awarding licenses to businesses that are properly funded and have a well-documented plan for moving forward.
- Cultivation Facility Workflow
- Employee Organizational Chart
- Employee Roles, Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Workflow Management
- Labor Tracking and Management
- Plant/Product Timeline
- Harvest – Sale Coordination
- Compliance with Seed To Sale Programs
- Cultivation Best Practices and Methodologies
- Nutrient recipes
- Purchasing and Inventory Management
- Pest Management
- Packaging and Labeling
- Product Storage
- Transportation Policies and Procedures
- Sanitation Plans
- Waste Disposal Management
- Workplace Safety and Emergency Response
- Diversion Prevention
- Recordkeeping Policies and Procedures
- Complaints, Returns, and Recalls
Operations Training Support
Employees need to know how the facility works and the objective of each stage of crop development. Many growers lack knowledge on how a larger scale facility works. Our training can help your grower scale up quickly and efficiently
We ensure all employees are working within compliance structures to ensure plants and products are properly tracked. Employees need to know their roles’ primary goals so they’re able to work independently. We train employees to be able to critically think about their tasks and be able to identify potential issues before they arise.
- Managing your symbiotic rotations
- Best practices for sanitation
- Personal sanitation
- Maintaining sanitation in cultivation areas
- Managing, tracking and inspecting defined work flows
- Identification of possible crop issues at early stages
- Crop issue mitigation
- Proper pruning for maximizing yields
- Propagation techniques
- Harvest and post-harvest process including:
- Actual harvest
- Integrated Pest Management practices
Additional ongoing support and system refinement can include:
- Data analysis
- Deploying new technologies and techniques once they’re vetted and proven to be beneficial
- ERP setup and implementation
Ground up or building conversions – we help with design, planning operation procedures and technology upgrades.